Victoria Road Surgery, Bedford underwent an announced comprehensive inspection by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) on 15th January 2015 and were provided an overall rating of “Good”.
Phoenix Primary Care is proud of its staff at the practice, who have been integral in shaping positive transformation of this previously failing practice over the past year.
CQC Inspection team assessed areas including safeness, effectiveness, leadership, caring and responsiveness and iterated following comments:
- There was a clear leadership structure and staff felt supported by management.
- Staff understood and fulfilled their responsibilities to raise concerns, and to report incidents and near misses.
- Patients said they were treated with compassion, dignity and respect and they were involved in their care and decisions about their treatment.
- The practice had good facilities and was well equipped to treat patients and meet their needs.
- The practice were actively seeking feedback from staff and patients
- Following publication of the results, Bedfordshire CCG Locality Business Manager commented:
- “Well done and justly deserved – you have all worked extremely hard to improve the quality of care delivered and the performance of the practice. The locality look forward to working with you to continue this upward trajectory.”
One of the contracts managers at NHS England wished the practice well by stating:
“On behalf of the Contracting Team, I congratulate you and your team for this success which is as a result of the hard work and time you have all invested into the practice. We wish you all continued success for the future.” – Assistant Contracts manager – NHS England.
Phoenix will continue to support its staff at Victoria Road surgery to continue achieving high standard of holistic care responsive to patients’ needs and preferences.
An announced comprehensive inspection was carried out at Bramingham Park Medical Centre on 26 January 2015 by CQC, who concluded the practice to be overall ‘Good’. This is a fantastic result from the practice, which was failing to deliver the high quality standard of primary care patients are currently enjoying.
CQC inspectors rated the practice ‘good’ within 4 out of the 5 domains, highlighting that the services provided are safe, caring, well-led and in keeping with the Phoenix motto, ‘responsive to people’s needs’.
Phoenix group is proud of its team at Bramingham Park who have worked tirelessly to achieve the standard of care the company strives to achieve at all its sites. It will now focus on supporting its staff in addressing the recommendations provided by CQC to improve the effectiveness of services provided locally at Bramingham Park.